Saturday, July 23, 2011

This is the truth... this is my life.

"... how are you single?"

Guys ask me this a LOT. Usually it begins with "wow, you're so pretty..." followed by "how are you single?"
Clearly when someone good looking is single you also have to wonder what sort of defect they have. I, for one, don't have any sort of defect. Except for the fact that I keep dating the worst of the worst. And then when I find a good guy I'm so screwed up (post-break up) that I don't want to date. So once I'm all emotionally patched up I start dating the same type of asshole I was with before, and the cycle continues.

It doesn't help that I'm KINDA picky. It's hard to go backwards when you have already had "the best". 
One thing I know, that seems to always play a factor in the "dating world" is my life style choice. And by that I mean being a Vegetarian. You would think that it's no big deal. But to every other person it's such an inconvenience. Like I'm forcing them to be just like me. I never EVER tell someone that they have to be like me to date me. That's horrible. But recently I've noticed it getting harder for me (personally).
For instance, I got a text message from someone saying they were and Buffalo Wild Wings. I informed them that I have never had it. That I'm a Vegetarian.Then the text I get back is "oh it's soooooo good." I pretty much looked at the text with pure disgust. I replied with "I'll pass."


 Sometimes I wish I could find some amazing guy that had everything I'm looking for AND is a Vegetarian. It would be great to be with someone like me. Someone that could relate to the social challenges and even the ones with in (as far as family and some friends).



For the first time in my life, I feel so alone in being a Vegetarian. Like no one can really accept me for me and that they have to rub the fact that I'm different in my face. I'm proud of who I am and  would never turn my back on Vegetarianism because of the ignorant twits in society. Life is just tougher for me then most people think. I never EVER talk about it because it is my personal struggle but I wish more people would show me the respect that I deserve.



If things keep up the way they have been I'm going to be becoming incredibly bitter towards people that eat meat and absolutely refuse to date anyone that eats meat. I would much rather live alone then be with someone that can't treat me with respect. I've even turned my back on my own FAMILY due to there lack of respect. Who says I wouldn't do the same to other people?

No one, and I mean NO ONE is worth me forsaking MY beliefs over.

No comments:

Post a Comment